Balinese cat: care and maintenance at home
The main components of the care of a Balinese cat:
- Full-fledged, balanced, high-quality feeding.
- Hair care.
- Inspection and (if necessary) cleaning of the ears and eyes.
In the photo: Balinese cat
Balinese cat hair care
The hair of a Balinese cat does not require specific, complex care. Due to the fact that it is silky, thin and without undercoat, it is enough to comb it 1-2 times a week.
Balinese cats are washed using shampoo and conditioner for long-haired breeds. Dry them with a towel, as the hair dryer can dry the skin. But make sure the cat is warm.
The coat is formed in Balines at 12 - 18 months.
Care for the ears and eyes of Balinese cats
At least once a week, check the ears for cleanliness and, if necessary, clean them using a cotton swab.
Inspect your eyes regularly and clean them if necessary.
Remember that for each eye and ear, a different cotton swab is used for cleaning.
Balinese cat teeth care
Perhaps this is the only difficulty in caring for balines. If possible, you should regularly contact your dentist for a routine examination. Teeth - one of the weaknesses of Balinese cats.
Balinese Cat Health
Balinese cats are a fairly healthy breed, they can live 15 years or more. However, there are diseases to which they are predisposed:
- Amyloidosis is a violation of protein metabolism, accompanied by the formation and deposition in the tissues of amyloid - a specific protein-polysaccharide complex. This can lead to liver damage and cat death. Unfortunately, there is no cure, but the development of the disease with early diagnosis can be slowed down.
- Strabismus is a genetic disease.
- Tartar formation, gingivitis. If you do not care for the teeth of balinesis, they may fall out.
- Dysplasia of the elbow and hip joints.
What to do to prevent the disease? Keep track of your pet’s condition and behavior. If you notice that the cat has become more lethargic, lethargic, eats poorly, shakes his ears or other frightening symptoms are observed, contact your veterinarian as soon as possible.
Feeding a Balinese Cat
You can choose both natural nutrition and dry food.
If you are a supporter of natural nutrition, it is better to give meat, vegetables and cereals. The ratio of these products in the diet of balines should be as follows: